At GO, we believe that every child deserves a quality school, and it's the responsibility of everyone in the community to help provide one.
GO Public Schools Oakland (GO) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that organizes, aligns, and develops leaders to advance policies that ensure each and every child receives a quality education.
In 2009-10, over 250 diverse constituents from across the city endorsed GO's Declaration of Beliefs and Visions for improving Oakland Schools. The Declaration was based on six fundamental conditions for attaining quality in our school system:
(1) Give schools and school site leaders autonomy in return for accountability for student achievement;
(2) Attract, develop, and keep excellent, effective teachers;
(3) Attract, develop, and keep excellent, effective school and district leaders;
(4) Ensure personalized educational experiences that prepare all students for life, college, and career;
(5) Promote and ensure diversity and innovation in school programs including charter public schools; and
(6) Treat families and community as allies and partners in the work of educating Oakland students.
Since our launch in 2009, GO Public Schools Oakland has connected the public to public education by informing and empowering community member about district and school policies and practices through communications and events. We also work with volunteer issue groups, community organizations, district and charter school leaders to develop and inform policy to improve public education in Oakland.
Support for our work
Great Oakland Public Schools Leadership Center is very grateful to have received funding from the following foundations:
Monday, April 25, 2016, 5:30 PM
The Oakland Unified School District board of education will host a community engagement meeting on Special Education, from 5:30-8 pm on Monday, April 25 at Elmhurst Community Prep/Alliance Middle Schools, 1800 98th Ave. in Oakland. This is your opportunity to listen,...