You know these types of teachers
In News Blog
GO's Teacher Policy Fellowship is a yearlong, stipended opportunity for a small cohort of current Oakland teachers to Learn, Think, and Lead about the future of education. See below for more information.
We're looking for teachers who have:
- A growth mind set and are intellectually curious
- a strong sense of responsibility & belief that effective teaching matters and
- an openness to new information and perspectives.
Who are these teachers? You know them. They are leaders and big picture thinkers. They are looking to the future of education. It might be you. It might be the person in the classroom next door. It might be your child's teacher.
If you are interested, or know this teacher, please take a minute to:
- Nominate a teacher: If you know teacher who is a good match, please use this recommendation form. We'll follow up with an invitation to attend a dinner and apply. People are honored by the nomination.
- Learn More: There is an informational dinner this Tuesday. We'll talk about some of the details for the fellowship (e.g., time commitment, stipend, and scope of work) and application process. Please RSVP here: November 13, 2012 6-8pm
- Apply: The online application is live, and you have until Sunday, Nov. 25 at 11:59 pm to complete all sections.
- Share: Forward this information to your friends and networks.
If you have any questions please contact me at (650) 862-5457 or email@example.com.
A few quick details on the Teacher Policy Fellowship:
- Duration: January-Dec. 2013
- Stipend: $500
- Application Process: Applications due Nov. 25.
- Meetings/Time Commitment: 8-10 average (Monthly meetings with some limited outside prep for reading and advocacy)
- Topics covered: TBD - Tentative: Professional Growth and Support Systems; Rethinking Career Pathways
- Advocacy Project(s): TBD by fellows
Thank you for your interest. We have already had one informational dinner with a great group of Oakland teachers. If you are interested, but cannot attend the dinner, please let me know.
For a little more background information on GO Leadership and Center and our Effective Teaching Campaign, visit these links: